Truthspoon's 4D Portal.

Truthspoon's 4D Portal.

A forum where we investigate the nature of reality and stuff.... with the man they couldn't recruit.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Did Jesus have short hair?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Did Jesus have short hair?   Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:40 pm

I had a dream a while back.... it was just largely random and I don't remember much except I do remember a moment in the dream when I saw a group of people sat down with their back to me, and in particular I saw a man with short hair, it wasn't a short back and sides or a buzz cut or anything, it was just a kind of slightly ragged looking short-hair cut. 

And I knew, that this was Jesus. 

Weird and daft maybe, but I'd be wanting to see Jesus and see what he looked like for a long time, and I guess this is the nearest I came.

But it made me wonder, could it really have been Jesus? Because at the time I was surprised and I thought, 'why does he have short hair?' but all the same, the man I saw, I knew it was the real Jesus.

So then, today I decided to find out whether historically Jesus maybe DID have short hair after all.

So I consulted the all-knowing oracle.... the Internet...and lo, here it's wise and considered answer:

Quote :
So are you ready for this? I will prove to you through the scripture that Jesus really did not have long hair.

Evidence number 1

“Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him?” (I Corinthians 11:14)
This scripture clearly tells us that if a man has long hair, it is shameful and even disgraceful to him. The universal custom for men is to wear short hair while women should have long hair. In the time of Jesus’ life, the Jews regard a man with long hair as someone who is deviant and never regarded the custom of the land.

The writer of I Corinthians was Paul who was also a disciple of Jesus (who himself have taught Paul for more than a year). Since this is the case, it is safe to say that Jesus himself inspired Paul to write this portion of his letter to the Corinthians. So why Jesus should say that it is shameful to have a long hair while all along He had long hair? Sound illogical and the only logical explanation is that Jesus never had a long hair.

Evidence number 2

We can draw circumstantial evidences by carefully reading the four gospels. When Jesus was physically alive, the
people around Him have short hair (this can easily be proven by reading historical findings of how people looked like during the antiquities). Since people have short hair, Jesus can easily be spotted and easily stand out from the crowd because He had long hair. But this wasn’t the case.

As a matter of fact, the Pharisees have to pay 30 pieces of silver to Judas for him to identify who Jesus was. The Pharisees can easily tell the guards that the one with long hair is Jesus and yet, they have difficulty in determining which of them is Jesus Christ because Jesus is a average-looking guy as what Isaiah 53:2 mentioned: “He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.”

In addition to this, Jesus easily escaped from arrest and danger by blending into the crowd every time the guards tried to seize Him.

Evidence number 3

This third evidence is more on Jesus’ body-built. Jesus is never a skinny and flimsy man. He is not weak but rather rugged and strong man. He was a carpenter, a man who is well acquainted with constructing buildings, furniture, and many hard-labored tasks. For this reason, there was no way that He remained to be as skinny as many people have had assumed. He was not a weakling but a man strong enough to drove away merchants and threw to the air big and heavy tables when He became angry of the people making the house of God a house of business.

These are the three evidences that clearly tell us the appearance of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
It is a fact that we can never tell how exactly Jesus Christ looks like since no one ever lived and took a picture of Him. But we can be certain of how He did not look like through the scriptures.

https://becomingchristians.com/2013/07/16/shocking-truths-from-the-bible-did-jesus-have-long-hair/

Did Jesus have short hair?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Truthspoon's 4D Portal. :: Spirituality and Religion.-
Jump to: