Truthspoon's 4D Portal.

Truthspoon's 4D Portal.

A forum where we investigate the nature of reality and stuff.... with the man they couldn't recruit.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Was Bruce Lee murdered?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Was Bruce Lee murdered?   Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:09 pm

This is old news and an old discussion....

But I've been watching Bruce Lee movies this weekend. There were four Bruce Lee movies produced during his life, and one released posthumously six years after his death.

Way of the Dragon, The Big Boss, Fist of Fury, Enter the Dragon and Game of Death.

Enter the Dragon was his only Hollywood film and was the movie which made him a star and a household name, unfortunately he died in strange circumstances before it was even released. 

Where things get strange is that these were precisely the same circumstances which happened to his son Brandon Lee who died in a strange accident during the filming of The Crow.

Bruce Lee's death was apparently explained by a sedative drug reacting with a muscle relaxant Lee had been taking since 1968 for a crushed disk.

However there is much in this story which indicates that perhaps something far stranger and much more sinister is at work.

For instance, after his death, the film Game of Death was released which seemed to promote an uncanny conspiracy theory behind Bruce Lee's death. Namely that Lee had now become a star and that as a result he had to sign up with a sinister organisation known as The Syndicate, interestingly the principle representative of this nefarious syndicate is none other than Dean Jagger, the same bald Aleister Crowley lookalike who played Chad Harmon in Brotherhood of the Bell. In a sense he is playing the exact same role in this film; the main representative of a quasi Masonic organisation which uses terror, blackmail and murder to control its members.

Bruce Lee's appearance in the film Game of Death is limited to a twenty minute scene at the end where he has a couple of showdown fights, in the interim Bruce Lee is played by Biao Yuen who wears dark glasses, is often cast in shadow and at one point wears a motorcycle helmet for a length of time to hide is lack of resemblance to Bruce Lee. 

The plot of the film is that Bruce Lee/Biao Yuen's character of Billy Lo (the name clearly intended to resemble Bruce Lee's own) refuses to join the syndicate and for this reason after failing to be intimidated by their henchmen plans are made to murder him while filming his new movie. 

The second strange circumstance here is that the method of his attempted assassination seems to mirror the actual circumstance of Brandon Lee's death; of being killed by a live bullet during a stunt involving being shot at point blank range.

Whether the film Game of Death was attempting to explain the truth of Lee's death cannot be fully ascertained.... though the use of the actual footage of Bruce Lee's own funeral within the context of the film and the character's apparent 'fake death' which he uses as a ruse to escape and track down the Syndicate gives one a very strange feeling that there is much more than meets the eye to the strange story of Bruce Lee and his son Brandon.

Is it possible that Bruce Lee and possibly Brandon Lee were both murdered on the verge of super-stardom for refusing to sign a deal with the Illuminati?

Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Was Bruce Lee murdered?   Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Bruce Lee himself actually co-wrote the screenplay for Game of Death.

This makes the whole story even stranger.....It's as if he predicted his own death....and also told us who murdered him.

albionslight

PostSubject: Re: Was Bruce Lee murdered?   Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:38 pm

Good catch, haven't seen the film for years and these angles would have been over my head then.
may have to revisit soon.
Wasn't there a dvd about a decade ago that attempted to reconstruct Bruces original intention with the extant temple fight scenes with each level attained {floor by floor } having special meaning.
It's been a while so the specifics are a little loose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
albionslight

PostSubject: Re: Was Bruce Lee murdered?   Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Have looked it up,
Game of death/platinum edition dvd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
albionslight

PostSubject: Re: Was Bruce Lee murdered?   Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:09 pm

re; above post,
after some research it seems the 34 minute end sequence for G/O/D was utilized in a documentary "a warriors journey"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Was Bruce Lee murdered?   Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:50 pm

You're quite right.

The original Game of Death which Lee worked on while alive, was totally different to the one eventually released.

The original story had nothing to do with the murder of a Kung Fu star but was about ascending to the top floor of a Korean temple after beating different foes in order to retrieve the mysterious object on the top floor.

The posthumous Game of Death features fight scene footage with Bruce Lee but no actual plot scenes as such. All of this was filmed with one of two stand-ins.

The film actually opens with Bruce Lee's fight scene with immortal internet kung-fu God Chuck Norris from Way of the Dragon. The scene from the movie ends and a director yells cut and we see the edited shots of Bruce Lee combined with the stand-in filmed in a mock-up of the Rome Collosseum set.

The understanding is, for whatever reason, that THIS is the story of Bruce Lee and the real reason for his death. The film was co-written by Lee and produced by his long-time Hong Kong collaborator producer Raymond Chow who specially hired Enter the Dragon director Robert Clouse to co-write and direct the film.  Lee's friends and co-star Bob Wall and fight choreographer Sammo Hung were also called on to help with the film. It was released by Golden Harvest films, Lee's Hong Kong production company which produced all his previous films before Warner Brothers and Enter the Dragon. 

So basically it seems to me that all the people who worked on, produced and released Game of Death were all people who had been instrumental in Lee's film career all along. 

Would Bruce Lee's friends and professional associates from Hong Kong create a macabre spectacle and include footage of Lee's own funeral within the film if only to milk more dollars from his legacy? Or is it more likely that as his friends they wanted to tell the real story of Bruce Lee's murder.

Did they take it upon themselves to spill the beans for the sake of.....a dearly missed friend?

Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Was Bruce Lee murdered?   Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:15 pm

By the way if anyone out there fancies going on a Bruce-Lee bender then I can recommend the torrent Bruce Lee the Ultimate Collection..... the English dubbed films are just awful....much better to watch the Chinese versions with English subtitles.

Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Was Bruce Lee murdered?   Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Just watching the end of Enter the Dragon now......Lee sure does break a lot of mirrors in that final scene..... that's just asking for trouble.

Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Was Bruce Lee murdered?   Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:36 pm

Enter the Dragon is a strange sort of film.....not really a traditional Chinese Kung Fu movie at all but more like James Bond with flying kicks.

If Bruce Lee had survived it seems to me they would have type-cast him as a sort of oriental super spy secret agent...... which was not really what the traditions of Chinese martial arts and previous Bruce Lee movies were about at all. They were much more subtle and grounded in reality and usually involved protecting the family restaurant from the Mafia or investigating the disappearance of friends and family.

albionslight

PostSubject: Re: Was Bruce Lee murdered?   Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:03 pm

Good stuff,
i remember seeing a film of Bruces life on tv when i was about 10 and the funeral scenes freaked me out and stayed with me for some reason;
This thread also reminded me about the funny scene in Game, where the stand in stares at the mirror and they try to pass off a mask of Bruce as the  real thing.
I think i;ll seek out a cheap dvd of G/O/D to revisit as i did with the Michael Douglas film The game after a thread here for the detailss missed first time
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Was Bruce Lee murdered?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Truthspoon's 4D Portal. :: General-
Jump to: