Truthspoon's 4D Portal.

Truthspoon's 4D Portal.

A forum where we investigate the nature of reality and stuff.... with the man they couldn't recruit.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Explaining Time To A Child

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pi3141

PostSubject: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:54 am

Hello everyone - first time posting. Hey Truthspoon!

Was reminded today of the Dave Allen Time sketch, I think I know where he went wrong, anyone else seen it?

Thing is my eldest is 6 and she's going to be asking those sorts of questions soon so I had better start making sure I got my answers. Thought I would bounce some ideas around on the forum - maybe get some advice?

Quote :
Dave Allen - "Teaching Your Kid Time" - '93 - stereo HQ
Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QVPUIRGthI

First of all, he jumps straight in at the deep end. He needs to start with why a second is exactly a second. Explain the 60 by 60 by 60 for minutes seconds and hands and probably mention about 'Radials' and 2Pi just to be thorough.
Explain the base 60 system invented by the Babylonians for measuring a circle. Thenm of course open up the area to the planets and Newtonian Physics and of course E=Mc2 and extrapolate back to the Big Bang to explain why we have planets in the first place.  That's why we have a need to measure time as we do and how we got the planets. Understanding the Sundial should follow quite naturally with those explanations. Then Dave should state outright at the very beginning that the 'One' is a 'One' and a 'Five' and a 'Thirteen' depending on whether its light or dark - which of course is the built advantage of a Sundial - you can be pretty certain whether its day or night.

Really, shows how much of a dinosaur Dave Allen, we had Digital watches since the 70's and they always had a light on them so, u know.

I'm thinking - make sure the kid can count to 12 and buy a digital??

Will that do?

afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:08 pm

I did think one of the advantages of the Sundial is it comes with its own light and you know when its working but you have to memorise the constellations and keep a manual track of the precessions so its not very easy to get to grips with.

I'm still not sure...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:18 pm

Dave Allen says 'if you don't learn the time how will you know when to go to school' I know its funny. But I just realised, if I don't get into them the idea of planetary mechanics and a system of measurement - How will they ever learn anything at school? They won't even know when to go!

Ok, panicking - Netmums? are you listening?

Christ they need Geography too.

I was crap at that.

I'm screwed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:24 pm

Student Loans!! Thank God for Student Loans - They can wait, until they are old enough to take on their own debt, buy their own education, I just got figure way not to talk to them until then.

What do you guys think - I know it seems erratic - but I am - just bouncing ideas around?

How do yo explain Time to a child - without cheating????

Oh and no majic/magic

you know.

oo as in Andrew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:25 pm

Oh, yes. There's oh and o.

Doubt it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:28 pm

Small prints, sigils and inversions, signs, actions, symbols.

Intent? Not sure, how do we tell. Not obvious, is it?

I am

I

Cheers. Sorry, got to put the shopping away.... change his nappy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Right, coffee and a chat with the missus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Oh shit I forgot about the hundreds - seven is also nineteen hundred.

H's can be silent. But not always.

Oh, man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:16 pm

I sussed it - just tell em 'cos it goes round twice' and then 'Stay up and count em if you want' 
Stumps em.

Honestly they don't know what to do.

Beauty.

K is also silent as in Not and Knot but not always, oh, except for know and knew ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:21 pm

I think the only things they teach us at school are what we need to be barely conscious economic slaves.....

Sorry to appear cynical, but the things that really matter, real knowledge, will never be taught at schools.

I think instead of focussing on how to teach your eldest all about the things of the world around them, you should instead try to get him to focus as much on their inner reality, dreams, meditation, their own consciousness and their impressions of the world around them.

Instead of feeding information you should elicit it (I'm a school teacher and part of my philosophy is that students already have innate knowledge, innate understanding, it just needs to be drawn out).

Conventional education is really more about managing and shaping consciousness down avenues of banality..... There is more wonder and wisdom in a 6 year old child than a whole school full of teachers...

Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Tell them that N is picture of a serpent and is BAD so everything beginning with N is usually bad or at least, has negative ideas behind.

Not, naughty, negative, night, nightmare, no.

Maybe? It's partially true.

As for the KN sound..... tell them that English is like a big ball of language and all different languages are rolled up into.

The KN words come  from German and we don't pronounce the K sound because we're English and don't want to sound like Germans.

pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:42 pm

Nice.

What about back and back?

True story - I've run a bath, I got a bad back, er but I will be back after the bath!

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:22 pm

pi3141 wrote:
Nice.

What about back and back?

True story - I've run a bath, I got a bad back, er but I will be back after the bath!

Very Happy Very Happy

Homonyms..

Same word different meaning.... 

I'm back.....you could connect them by saying .... I went away, then turned my back and here I am! I turned my back and returned so i'm back.

'I'm back' is an abbreviation from the German a-back which kind of does make a connection with turning your back...

Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:05 pm

pi3141 wrote:
Right, coffee and a chat with the missus.

I'm doing a liver-cleanse fast at the moment...... I am dreaming of a nice cup of coffee.

Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:06 pm

pi3141 wrote:

H's can be silent. But not always.

Oh, man.

You can blame the French for that.

pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Sorry, been a way a bit. Lot turning over in my head. I've been thoroughly cleaning the temple today. Drinking loads of coffee, mixing it up, decaff and not, haven't left home, wasted with a bug, eating now. Minced beef pies, baked beans and chips. The food of Gods. Washing it down with the American Amber - Budweiser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:20 pm

Blame the French, for those school books, Sacra bleu!
 No way - they get blamed for too much - Viva la France and the good French people!

Diplomatic see - the French could take that a couple of way - touché uh! oh! I'm back I am. So's Will!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:26 pm

Minced beef pies, beans and chips..... to a starving man that sounds like heaven.

Still I've got my pint of lemon juice and olive oil to look forward to in about half an hour...... then sleep......and wake up a new-man just in time for breakfast.

pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Cool, sorry about the other night - Was a bout two inches off but the Pyramids are only one inch and a very heavy load they have had to bear, well if the temple is the house and the body is the union of man and woman, the children are the grape or the vine, the tree. The same philosophy can be applied to build people, houses, temples and streets and schools, all for the purpose of teaching - but it is only worthwhile if they all understand the message - That religion and training build the Mind, The Man Builds His Temple And then schools and everything else. The wealth accumlates abd Utopia. Show everyone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:31 pm

pi3141 wrote:
Cool, sorry about the other night - Was a bout two inches off but the Pyramids are only one inch and a very heavy load they have had to bear, well if the temple is the house and the body is the union of man and woman, the children are the grape or the vine, the tree. The same philosophy can be applied to build people, houses, temples and streets and schools, all for the purpose of teaching - but it is only worthwhile if they all understand the message - That religion and training build the Mind, The Man Builds His Temple And then schools and everything else. The wealth accumlates abd Utopia. Show everyone

I hope everything's fine with you...... I think planet Earth is a lost cause to be honest and I'm just biding my time till I get my ticket out of here.....

Don't think I'll come back....in fact sure I won't....

Might have a go next lifetime on a planet around a blue supergiant or something...totally different forms of life.... human beings are a bit of a dead loss.... they don't get enough light into their monkey brains because they have successfully managed to distract themselves with a million fears and a billion banalities.

pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Lol! I think I understand how you feel - I often feel like an observer here on planet earth - I can only imagine something big is going to happen otherwise - don't know why the fuck I bothered coming here!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:47 pm

pi3141 wrote:
Lol! I think I understand how you feel - I often feel like an observer here on planet earth - I can only imagine something big is going to happen otherwise - don't know why the fuck I bothered coming here!!

Very Happy

One would hope something would happen to break the bars of this prison society we're living in......

Got thinking about the 80's the other day, and the traveller communities, ravers and protest groups all around the country..... that whole culture single handedly destroyed by one piece of Tory legislation..... it seems to me that only the drones are thriving these days......the whole plastic world of smart watches and dumb pop-stars and perverted politicians messing about with little boys...... while the drones keep it all going.....

I tried it my life, to make a stand and try to get some slack in my chains...... but when you're only one man in a ship of fools it baffles you how noone else out there even makes an effort to resist...... I'm getting the sad feeling that the great awakening of humanity has been cancelled because too many people are worried about their mortgage repayments.

pi3141

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:08 am

Truthspoon wrote:
pi3141 wrote:

Very Happy

...... but when you're only one man in a ship of fools it baffles you how noone else out there even makes an effort to resist...... I'm getting the sad feeling that the great awakening of humanity has been cancelled because too many people are worried about their mortgage repayments.

I know exactly what you mean, and its true, it really is. Sadly. Another theory that supports the appathy is a lot of Hippies learnt Trancendental Meditation and stayed at home practicing in their cottage industries and TM doing quite well, so why change the world?

I also think we lost a generation of knowledge and legal rights after Second World War, that too was a period like Hippy period the the winning of held such promise but again, it seems a promised Utopia was subvertedto this - a common slavehood to the mortgage. We rent - not through choice believe me. But thats another story.

study
Back to top Go down
View user profile
futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:49 pm

I think history will look back on this period of time and shake their heads, but also wipe their brows...I am more positive about the future, but real awakened change will not happen in our lifetime, no doubt about that...give it a couple hundred years.

It'll be interesting if when back home in 4D we can view all events historically and into the future. I'm unsure where we stand on this one though.

I do agree that I probably won't come back, except for possibly as a superstar Japanese footballer with a harem of beautiful Japanese girls and an unending supply of drugs and whisky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lizardtrucka

PostSubject: Re: Explaining Time To A Child   Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:57 am

futureshock wrote:

It'll be interesting if when back home in 4D we can view all events historically and into the future. I'm unsure where we stand on this one though.

Totally agree with this theism
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Explaining Time To A Child
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Truthspoon's 4D Portal. :: Fresh madness.... What's going on in the World.-
Jump to: