Truthspoon's 4D Portal.

Truthspoon's 4D Portal.

A forum where we investigate the nature of reality and stuff.... with the man they couldn't recruit.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Dr Who and the Lesbians.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Dr Who and the Lesbians.   Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 am

Thrillingly bad episode of new Dr Who on TV the other day....

When I saw that it was a 1 hour 16 minute episode I was initially very happy, then, however as soon as I saw the dinosaur in the very first seconds of the new show I knew it would be a stinker. Reality dawned and I realised this would be a stinkathon.... and this would be 1 hour 16 minutes of pain. 

Clearly the BBC paid a lot of money to have that virtual dinosaur produced and so as a result they've got to get their money's worth by bringing back an expensive old virtual prop from a crap previous episode....

As a result the dinosaur brought the crap in straight away. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with dinosaurs. Everyone knows dinosaurs ROCK but the way the BBC are doing their dinosaur is just 20 years too late. We saw this all in Jurassic Park, dinosaurs are DONE! Unless you can make a cool dinosaur that doesn't just look a Jurassic-park dinosaur don't bother. I reckon with BBC ingenuity they could have raided their art-cupboard and made a really cool one out of brillo-pads and cardboard. Anything except just another shot of a Jurassic-park dinosaur.

In the 80's I used to groan whenever another Peter Davison episode would start with yet another boring Cybermen 'adventure'. Recycling old plots and props and putting them together you get one thing: plops. Episodes painted onto film by dipping an old brush in the PLOP bucket and just slapping that stuff on. Dr Who-ing by numbers....And they're number twos!

So we get the dinosaur, the tired 'Victorian England' backdrop, and we get a really bad bunch of speaking extras, just hogging the critical opening minutes of the story with their hammy pantomime knees-up performance, totally weakening the credibility of the story right from the get-go.

Then, a record 6 minutes in, the titles appear that we thought we must have slept through, and they really really stink. Like the worst days of Sylworster Mccoy (Colin Baker was actually quite a good doctor in some awesome episodes, he's just a bit fat that's all) with shitty synth titles and crappy stone-age computer graphics. Again the awesome time-vortex has gone! WHY? Why did they get rid of the time-vortex? What is more awesome than a vortex? Nothing. Except maybe a black-hole. They're awesome too. And maybe a black-hole IS a vortex anyway. So no, nothing is more awesome than a vortex, and a time one is even awesomer.

But shitty clockwork and a cack swirly whirly clock face and then swirling planets just made me cry with the crapness. 

It's all gone wrong! AGHHHHHHHH!

Anyway, it has lesbians in it so I'm going to watch it again with the curtains drawn.

Last edited by Truthspoon on Thu May 28, 2015 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.truthspoon.com/
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Dr Who and the Lesbians.   Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 am

I know it's TV, I know it's BBC, and etc.. But the old episodes are awesome, especially Tom Baker and Peter Davison years. If you are not sure about old Dr Who and you want to find a 'way-in' you should watch the first Peter Davison episode Castrovalva, where a weakened newly regenerated Dr is carried about rather amusingly by his companions in a 'zero-cupboard' after he accidentally jettisons the Zero-room for recovering Time Lords, in order to escape from the big-bang. It's really funny to watch a recovering Dr in a coffin-shaped cupboard being carried about while apparently 'floating inside there' in a meditative trance, while the coffin is repeatedly dropped and knocked about by the Dr's two female companions.

Then they arrive at Castrovalva so the Doctor can get his head down.....and all is not as it seems....

It's a great episode, makes you learn to start thinking about dimensional space and stuff. Very mind-bending.
Back to top Go down
Truthspoon

PostSubject: Re: Dr Who and the Lesbians.   Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:18 am

Of course I'm skirting around the whole married lesbians thing....

I wish the BBC could leave science-fiction alone and not invest it with their agenda.....

And one of the lesbians is green and did the voice-overs on those ejaculatory Mark's and Spencer's adverts a while back, where she sounds like she's having sex with the food she's describing.

The whole thing was abysmal. The BBC Marxist agenda being churned out at prime-time to children.

Anyway......
Back to top Go down
Truthspoon

What next? Lesbian dinosaurs? 

At the next BBC meeting:

Let's be really inclusive everybody, we mustn't discriminate against an animal just because it is extinct and gay: it is statistically likely that as many as 17 percent of all dinosaurs were gay. Ok meeting over, group lesbian/gay/bi group-hug everybody.
Back to top Go down
Truthspoon

If I were cynical I would say that they added the lesbian plot to 'spice up' the new story with an older Dr Who.

And of course Moffat or whoever wrote this crap will get his BBC Brownie points for introducing children to lesbian relationships.

It may be an all time low for Dr Who to be honest...

Dr Who and the Lesbians.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Truthspoon's 4D Portal. :: Humour/satire/poetry/music/stuff-